[mythtvnz] Price estimate for new system

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 23:34:36 GMT 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Robert Fisher <robert at fisher.net.nz> wrote:
> I have lurked here for ages but I have to admit that WAF has been pretty
> good with the TiVo she bought a few years back so I have not used MythTV for
> quite a while.
>
> Now that her TiVo has died we have to decide on an alternative which will
> keep the WAF up.
>
> Has anyone here recently built or priced a MythTV setup with the following:-
>
> (I have no problem building it and following advice and instructions)
>
> Combined Frontend/Backend to sit under a TV
> Reasonably small form factor
> At least two tuners (DVB-T) (Should I use HDHomerun?)
> Decent storage
> Fairly quiet
> Wireless (I have a usb wireless dongle)
> Remote (wireless keyboard and mouse is acceptable if recommended)

If buying new and I wanted a combined FE/BE I would get:

1. HP microserver
2. Fanless nvidia GT610
3. An ssd for the OS
4. A 3TB hard drive for recordings and media
5. HDHR from Hadley
6. This remote http://rtr.ca/sapphire_remote/

If you would like to look at a running system (myth 0.27 with two
hdhrs and a number of frontends) you are always welcome at my place
Robert. Bring beer. If you want to see a microserver, we have one at
the office. It may be too big for under your TV (from what i recall of
the room) but it would be my choice for quietness and disk capacity.