[mythtvnz] HTPC Configuration for combined front/back end

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 06:10:51 GMT 2013

>> Keyboard:  Logitech Desktop MK120 Keyboard & Mouse, USB, Black
>
> I know  keyboards are cheap but you don't need one, or a mouse, except with
> initial setup. Beg or borrow from another PC then disconnect and forget.
>
> Agreed.  I manage my backend via remote-X from a normal desktop.

Depends on how you may plan to use your HTPC. Sure, watching TV is
your main use now, but I use mine for web browsing and music playing
(through Amarok). I also play the occasional game. A remote control
won't quite cut this, so if you're gonna do more than just control a
mythfrontend, you'll probably want a keyboard / mouse. Makes it easier
to do software updates, copy files around etc etc.