[mythtvnz] DB corrupted ?

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 07:45:04 GMT 2013

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 19:44:58 +1300, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> My system suffered a power failure,which I suspect occurred while the
>> database was being accessed/updated.
>> Now all the entries "default" and "All Programs" sections of "Watch
>> Recordings" are either 3 News or Funniest home Videos (multiple
>> All the previously recorded programs appear in "Watch List" and are
>> accessable.My last DB backup was on Saturday so I can restore to >>that
>> one.
>> Other than that, any suggestions as to how I might correct those
>> entries?
>
> Are you on *buntu (I think you are).
>
> Try
> sudo /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database
>
> It will try to repair the db, then create a(nother) backup.
>

> While you are about it move that script to /etc/cron.daily and increase
> the number of copies it keeps. (They take up damn all room and >it can
> take some time to realise you have corruption).
>

>> Cheers Paul

Yes It's Mythbuntu.
It seems I jumped the gun with my description of what has happened.
Actually,all the previously recorded programs are still visible in 'All
Programs' it is just that there are now 51 x Funniest home Videos and 47 x
3 News entries to scroll through before I get to them.These two
programs,by the way, were recording when the power went out.
The multiple instances of the two programs are all 0.00 GB in size.

I can't seem to add them all to a playlist to bulk delete them,but I can
delete them individually.Will find_orphans.py be of any use to get rid of
these files?

-Paul