[mythtvnz] DB corrupted ?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 06:44:58 GMT 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> My system suffered a power failure,which I suspect occurred while the
> database was being accessed/updated.
> Now all the entries "default" and "All Programs" sections of "Watch
> Recordings" are either 3 News or Funniest home Videos (multiple entries of
> each)
> All the previously recorded programs appear in "Watch List" and are
> accessable.My last DB backup was on Saturday so I can restore to that one.
> Other than that, any suggestions as to how I might correct those entries?

Are you on *buntu (I think you are).

Try

sudo /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database

It will try to repair the db, then create a(nother) backup.

While you are about it move that script to /etc/cron.daily and increase the
number of copies it keeps. (They take up damn all room and it can take some
time to realise you have corruption).