[mythtvnz] Recording issues

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Nov 1 08:57:54 GMT 2013

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 20:37:05 +1300, you wrote:

>Hi there
>
>On MythWeb I can select an item from the listings and record immediately
>using "Record only this showing".
>
>I review the backend status and I can see its recording. I then view
>recorded programs and see it recording there also. When I go back to the
>show I am recording and update the recording setting to "Don't record this
>program" then view both the recorded programs and backend status it still
>continues to record. When I refresh the page the file size continues to
>increase. I don't think it used to be like this. I thought it would cancel
>further recording once you decide not to.

If you want to stop a recording in progress, then there is a Menu item
for that.  Or you can just delete the recording (while it is still
recording).  I do not think I have ever tried changing a recording
rule for a recording in progress to "Do not record this program".  But
I have no problem if it still keeps on recording once it has started.

>The second problem I am having is when I select a show to record say the
>news and it ends at 7pm. I have it set on MythWeb to record 1 min early and
>end by 1 min after show ends. However, it seems to record 10mins longer
>then what it should.

The settings on each recording rule are for hard pre- and post-roll.
If specified, they will always occur, even at the expense of causing a
conflict and having something not record.  They are specified in units
of minutes.

There are also another set of global settings for "soft" pre- and
post-roll, in units of seconds.  These are applied to all programmes,
but only if there is a tuner available.  If the soft option would
cause a conflict, it is ignored and the programme is recorded without
the conflicting pre- or post-roll.  By default I believe those "soft"
options are both set to 60 seconds.

Look here for the soft options:

Setup -> Video -> General -> General (Advanced)
Time to record before start of show (secs)
Time to record past end of show (secs)

I am guessing that you have the soft post-roll option set to 9 or 10
minutes.