[mythtvnz] Software LNB alignment aid

Austin austin.green at orcon.net.nz
Sat May 4 06:09:03 BST 2013

> On Fri, 3 May 2013 15:43:04 +1200, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> That is interesting - I have a problem where my S470 is tuning all my
> transponders (Freeview and Sky) except the lowest frequency one (Sky
> DVB-S2 on 12267 MHz).  My TBS tuner has no problem with any or the
> transponders.  The frequency of that transponder after LNB subtraction
> is 1,517,000 Hz, which is well within specifications for the S470's
> tuning range of 950-2150 MHz.  I emailed TeVii to see if they had any
> ideas, but have not got any response at all.  The LyngSat site does
> not list any transponders on Optus D1 with a lower frequency that I
> could try.
>
> So now I am wondering if my problem might be related to yours - maybe
> my LNB is maladjusted and the levels are too low at that frequency for
> the S470 to lock in.  I do know that my Sky dish installers were not
> the careful sort - they just banged it all in as fast as they could.
> Apparently, they are paid a fixed fee per dish, regardless of how
> difficult the install is.

Sounds like maybe TeVii inputs are just not very sensitive. Hear what you say
re Sky installations; I looked at doing some myself to earn some spare cash
but the fee offered was very low, no wonder they do it in a hurry. It may be
worth tweaking the dish and/or LNB alignment. Anyway, if you want to try out
my bar-graph app, you can download it from:
	http://www.filedropper.com/bar-graph