[mythtvnz] Software LNB alignment aid

Austin austin.green at orcon.net.nz
Fri May 3 04:43:04 BST 2013

My recent problems with TeVii S421 cards only tuning one transponder was fixed
by installing a new LNB. The S421 seems to be quite sensitive to slight
misalignments of the dish or LNB skew, so I wrote a Python program that
displays the monitor output from dvbtune as bar graphs plus status indicators.
The dvbtune output is piped over the wireless LAN to a netbook, where the
Python program displays the result. I can then hold and view the netbook while
perched up a ladder adjusting my dish. If anyone thinks they might benefit from
it, I'll post it up somewhere. It needs a minor patch to dvbtune, so you have
to install the source for that too.