[mythtvnz] freeview.xml.gz with hdhomerun

Johan Schuld johanschuld at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:49:23 GMT 2013

Hi All.

Received my HDhomerun today, and running all quite nicely. Had to turn off
"EIT" in the video source setup as otherwise mythbackend seems to hog both
tuners constantly. As freeview only transmits now and next only I was
planning to use http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz anyway.

I decided to try a manual run first to try it all out. From memory (I've
used xmltvnz before back in the analog tv time). the only thing needed to
get it to work is to set the "XMLTV ID" in the "Cannel Editor" in
mythtvsetup to match the <channel id> section in the xml file.  like this:

-> select chanid,channum,xmltvid,name from channel;
+--------+---------+-------------------+----------------------+
| chanid | channum | xmltvid           | name                 |
+--------+---------+-------------------+----------------------+
|   5001 | 1       | tv1.freeviewnz.tv | TV ONE               |
|   5003 | 3       |                   | TV3                  |
|   5006 | 7       |                   | U                    |

then run:
mythfilldatabase --file1 freeview.xml --update

Output :
<cut>
2013-03-20 23:44:46.192 Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
tv1.freeviewnz.tv- Skipping channel.
<cut>

I have looked around the archives to validate and from the posts I find
this should be sufficient?  I doe have an other DVB-T card and DVB-S card
in my system (both EIT enabled), but would not expect this to have an
affect.

I feel I am missing something obvious just can't see what :)

Cheers
Johan.