[mythtvnz] DVB-T PCI Card for linux?

Roger Searle roger.searle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 09:59:48 GMT 2013

>> Are there any linux friendly DVB-T PCI cards
>
> The Hauppauge HVR-2200 should be detected 'out of the box' on most
> modern linux distros. You may need to download and install firmware,
> which is pretty straightforward. The HVR-2210 series also work, but
> the one I have is listed as "unknown type" by the current kernel
> (3.7)
My recent fresh mythbuntu 12.04 install with a (PCI-E) HVR-2200 was far
simpler than earlier releases, it just required following the "making it
work easily" section here:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2200

Otherwise, +1 on Nick's recommendation for a hdhomerun from nicegear.

Regards
Roger