[mythtvnz] New things in the EPG

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Dec 18 16:30:41 GMT 2013

I was just browsing through the latest freeview.xml download and I
noticed a couple of new things that probably should be processed:

1) TV3 is starting a new series of Bondi Vet on 23-Dec-2013, but they
have the title set to "All New Bondi Vet", so it will not match any
existing rules for the old title.

2) TVNZ has a number of programmes with the series and episode number
in the description.  But of course they have not copied how Mediaworks
has been doing it (eg S1 Ep17, towards the end of the description),
and have instead put theirs at the front of the description, and use E
instead of Ep.  For example, Arrow on TV2 on 23-Dec-2013 has S1 E9.

Also, I found some programmes where there are two episode-num values
given, for example "Everybody Hates Chris" on Four on 18-Dec-2013 has
this:

  <programme channel="four.freeviewnz.tv" start="20131218183000 +1300"
stop="20131218190000 +1300">
    <title>Everybody Hates Chris</title>
    <desc>Chris tries to help Malvo, a career criminal just released
from prison, get into high school so he can turn his life around. S3
Ep17</desc>
    <episode-num system="dd_progid">T204316</episode-num>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2.16.0</episode-num>
    <rating system="Freeview">
      <value>G</value>
    </rating>
  </programme>

I am guessing that the system="dd_progid" line is from the original
EPG, and that the system="xmltv_ns" line was added by xmltv-proc-nz
due to the description having the "S3 Ep17" in it.