[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py configuration issues

Nick Wallingford nickw at beekeeping.co.nz
Wed Dec 18 02:22:04 GMT 2013

On 18/12/13 11:28, Andrew Taylor wrote:

> I downloaded the latest tv_grab_nz-py from nice.net.nz
> <http://nice.net.nz> and made the adjustments mentioned by stephen in
> this thread: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/559187
>
> From:
> doc = ElementTree.parse(StringIO(text)).getroot()
> ----
> To:
> parser = ElementTree.XMLParser(encoding="ISO-8859-1")
> doc = ElementTree.parse(StringIO(text), parser=parser).getroot()
>
> But it still dies in the configuration for me when it gets to Marori TV
> with the unicodeEncodeError .

I did a little bit ('little bit!') of a workaround to get past the
config problem.

I downloaded the xml file and edited out the offending entry - it was
the macron for Maori, as others have indicated.  I uploaded that file to
my own server.  Edited the script so it would grab the xml from my
server.  And then I was able to do the config without error.  Then just
changed the script back to look at the right spot for the regular
downloading...

Far from elegant, but I wasn't able to get past the python necessary to
get it going 'the right way'.

Nick
Tauranga