[mythtvnz] Any bought from Kaiser Baas Australia

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Wed Aug 21 10:34:39 BST 2013

On 21/08/13 19:16, Nick Rout wrote:
> I don't know if the product is different, I suspect it is the same. Hads
> at nicegear has been fantastic to me and I have never met a dissatisfied
> customer. He went out of the way for me after the 2011 earthquake when I
> urgently needed networking gear to get my business running.
>
> In fact I helped hook him up his distribution arrangement for the HD
> Homerun, but have no financial or other pecuniary interest in whether he
> sells any. I just simply think he is a great guy, supports open source,
> supports mythtv and deserves our support, rather than some Australian
> retailer probably owned by capitalist wankers.

Thanks Nick, that's really nice to hear and very kind of you to say.

I've chatted with the distributors for SiliconDust about pricing and the
whole Kaiser Baas thing. Kaiser Baas have their own separate arrangement
with the manufacturer for re-branding and sell direct to the public as
they do with other things.

As it stands, we (nicegear) can't compete on price unfortunately, but
hope to compete with level of service. I'm certainly not offended if
people want to get a better deal overseas, I personally weigh up the
options and do the same thing.

To have something related to the list topic, the HDHomeRun works well
with MythTV, I use one myself and haven't had any issues at all.

Cheers

hads (from Australia for the week)
--
http://nice.net.nz