[mythtvnz] What is the best MythTV distribution to use?

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 03:24:24 BST 2013

On 12/08/13 10:47, Worik Stanton wrote:
>> > This is quickly becoming off topic for this list. You should take up
>> > any further issues on the approprate forum/channel or whatever for
>> > the linhes project.
> Yes, it is of topic.  If I get a successful result I will post it here
> for the benefit o the search engines though.  But I'll refrain from
> weeping tears on this list about anything not directly related to MythTV.

For the record using /dev/sdb rather than /dev/sdb1 as the target of dd
resulted in a bootable stick.

dd if=image.iso of=/dev/sdb1 did *not* work (as expected, with hindsight)

dd if=image.iso of=/dev/sdb *did* work

Being very careful that the USB stick was mounted at /dev/sdb...

cheers

"As I went walking I saw a sign there And on the sign it said 'No
Trespassing' But on the other side it didn't say nothing, That side
was made for you and me" – Woody
       worik.stanton at gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804