[mythtvnz] What is the best MythTV distribution to use?

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 02:36:01 BST 2013

> I have no idea why you seem to be targeted by the gremlins in all your
> Myth endeavours, but Mythbuntu is a good way to do MythTV.  Most of us
> do not have the problems you seem to with Mythbuntu.  The only other
> comprehensive MythTV system I know of is LinHES, which seems to have
> evolved out of the old KnoppMyth distribution I used initially.
>
>   http://www.linhes.org
>
> I have not followed it at all so I have no idea how good it is.

I am looking at linhes.  The gremlins continue(!) and I cannot get a USB
boot disk made.  (The ubuntu startup disk creator will not, it seems,
work with non ubuntu derrived distributions)

I should retry mythbuntu.  Thinking about it I have not been able to get
a really clean install.

It remembered the user names and machine names I gave my system.

So I will try right from formatting the USB stick, and see if that works.

As you say there is no reason this should be happening just to me.  And
I should not have to edit mysql configuration files if it has worked once.

So for the fifth time today Ill try a clean install.  At least the SSD
disk is fast so it does not take too long....

Worik

--
"As I went walking I saw a sign there And on the sign it said 'No
Trespassing' But on the other side it didn't say nothing, That side