[mythtvnz] Revo R3610 over HDMI and overscan and Samsung C6200

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 10:52:06 BST 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying a Revo, works OK on VGA cable to a Samsung 46C6200 but HDMI
> overscans on both HDMI 1 and 2 using the default xorg.conf.
> I tried saving a default using the EDID which was not a good look with
> oversized icons and fonts that did not display properly.
> I want the HDMI to scan pixel for pixel as I want to use a longer HDMI
> cable I bought for this!
> I can't find a setting to turn off the overscan on HDMI.
> Anyone mind putting up their xorg.conf which might help me sort this?
> In advance, much obliged!

Nothing to do with xorg.conf. Set your TV to not overscan on that input.
Can't find the manual online for that model, but try setting the zoom to:

Screen Fit: Displays the full image without any cut-off
when HDMI (720p / 1080i / 1080p) or Component
(1080i / 1080p) signals are input.

(From the series 6 manual).