[mythtvnz] Sky is renumbering its channels on 1-May-2013

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 23:16:42 BST 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 May 2013 00:19:56 +1200, you wrote:
>
> >--update is the option in question. "Stops the addition of new channels
> and
> >the changing of channel icons." I am using a pretty old version, however
> >the wiki seems to indicate that this has not changed.
>
> OK, thanks for that.  The mythfilldatabase --help output for me just
> says:
>
> --update                        Run non-destructive updates
>
> which does not really explain that very well.

As I said I have an old version, but from the wiki:

-h OR --help OR --usage         Display this help printout, or give detailed
                                information of selected option.

That suggested that mythfilldatabase --update --help might give you some
more detail.

 >My person opinion (though I believe it is shared by the devs) is that the
> >better solution is to simply set those channels to not be visible.
>
> Making any newly created channels not visible seems like a good idea
> to me, but ideally I would like to be notified somehow that there are
> some new channels, so I could decide what to do about them.

Yes. I think the output of mythfilldatabase mentions them so a bit of
logging and filtering might do the trick.

Cheers,