[mythtvnz] Sky is renumbering its channels on 1-May-2013

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Apr 30 13:28:00 BST 2013

The renumbering has happened, but it did not show up immediately on my
Sky decoder, so I cycled its power and then the new numbers appeared.
The skynz-renumber-channels.sh script seems to have done its job
properly.

I waited a few minutes to make sure that the EPG data would all have
been updated, then ran my EPG script using all the new config files.
It worked fine except for the FreevieHD source where I had done a typo
in the new FreeviewHD.xmltv file - I had a blank line at the end of
the file, which causes tv_grab_nz-py to return an error code.  I fixed
that and ran EPG again and all seems well, with all the channels
getting the right EPG as far as I can see.  I still have to check that
the assignment I made of the Sky Box Office channel numbers was
correct, by comparing their MythTV EPG with the EPG directly from the
Sky decoder, but that can wait until tomorrow.