[mythtvnz] Sky is renumbering its channels on 1-May-2013

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 13:19:56 BST 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 22:12:27 +1200, you wrote:
>
> >You can also use the correct argument to mythfilldatabase to prevent it
> >adding channels. Or you can let it add them and then set them as not
> >visible. Between those 3 options it's not hard to avoid mystery channels
> >appearing.
>
> I thought the channel adding options in mythfilldatabase only applied
> to using datadirect.  The options have changed a bit over the last
> couple of versions, but that is still what the mythfilldatabase --help
> output seems to suggest.

--update is the option in question. "Stops the addition of new channels and
the changing of channel icons." I am using a pretty old version, however
the wiki seems to indicate that this has not changed.

> Anyway, I just checked and I am running mythfilldatabase without any
> options, so I just need to fix my two *.xmltv files to get it to
> filter for the current channels for both sources and I should get rid
> of those extra channels appearing.  They would probably be gone anyway
> from my updating to use the new epgsnoop channels.conf I created.

My person opinion (though I believe it is shared by the devs) is that the
better solution is to simply set those channels to not be visible.

Cheers,