[mythtvnz] Help-can't get grabber and mythfilldatabase to work right

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 19:38:19 BST 2013

> I initially created my /home/stephen/.mythtv/FreeviewHD.xmltv file
> using the grabber, but I have maintained it manually ever since.  This
> is what it now looks like (channels for Wharite transmitter):
>
> channel=tv1.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=tv2.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=u.freeviewnz.tv
> channel!tvnz7.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=tv1-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=tv3.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=four.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=c4.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=prime.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=trackside.sky.co.nz
> channel=choice.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=parliament.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=ctv8.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=tvcentral.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=rnz-concert.freeviewnz.tv
> channel=base-fm.freeviewnz.tv
> channel!tv33.freeviewnz.tv
> channel!cue.freeviewnz.tv
> channel!te-reo.freeviewnz.tv
> channel!george-fm.freeviewnz.tv
>
> Each channel line specifies an xmltvid value that is to be processed
> for that source.  If there is a = sign, the EPG data is processed for
> the channel with that xmltvid.  If there is a ! instead, or the
> xmltvid is missing or does not match, the EPG data for the channel
> with that xmltvid is ignored.
>
> The valid xmltvid values can be found at the front of the downloaded
> EPG xml file in the <channel id> lines.  These are derived from the
> epgsnoop program or mhegepgsnoop.py program that generates the EPG
> files - they have configuration that they use to specify the xmltvid
> values for each channel.  For epgsnoop, that is a channel.conf file
> that is manually configured.  For mhegepgsnoop.py, it reads the
> information out of the channel table in the mythconverg database,
> matching the channel names with the names in the mheg5 data, or it can
> also have a manual configuration file.
>
> The downloaded EPG file (freeview.xml.gz) has a small anomaly in that
> it still lists tvnz7.freeview.tv as a valid xmltvid, even though the
> channel is long gone now.  There is, of course, no data for that
> channel in the file.
>
> I have another SkyNZ.xmltv file for my Sky source.  I am just updating
> my Sky setup, so I have not posted it as it is a bit out of date.

Thanks Stephen.
I ran the grabber script on my desktop and took the ids from it's output.
Unfortunately I am no closer to finding out why my scheduler is not
gathering data.
The weird thing is at some stage in my attempts to get it to work,it
received 8 days of mostly blank data.
Only about 4 hours of that data was programmes.

Paul