[mythtvnz] How do I get XMLTV IDs?

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 00:32:50 BST 2013

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:14:12 +1200, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> A post I read suggested I should be able to get xmltv id out of
>> /.mythtv/freeview.xmltv.
>>

> If it isn't being created you have screwed up. (I assume freeview is the
> name of your video source?)
>

>> This file isn't being created.
>> If I run the grabber manually in terminal it only shows data for
>> channel U.
>>
>> Is this why mythfilldatabase gives   "FillData: xmltv returned error
>> code 2 and Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Paul

I know I have screwed up.
I can't see where I screwed up that is the problem.

I have the grabber in usr/local/bin.
I ran mythfilldatabase --manual and selected the channels I want.
I have just added the xmltv ids to the channels in channel editor.

Am I supposed to have a file called /.mythtv/freeview.xmltv.?
If so I am not getting one.

What is the best way to delete and redo the grabber set up procedure?

-Paul