[mythtvnz] Fresh install 12.04 - tv_grab_nz-py not populating scheduler

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Sat Apr 20 09:14:58 BST 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed the latest LTS Mythbuntu and have all my tuners working.
> I have 2 remaining problems with the new install.
>
> 1. I have a second drive for recordings.It is set up as I did in the past
> and is being seen
> and used by mythtv.The drive has some recordings on it from prior to the
> new install.
> I believe that when I first installed this drive and copied old recordings
> onto it,there was some scan function that would
> populate the database.I seem to recall it was a menu option somewhere on
> the frontend.

A workaround - albeit not a very elegant one - is to move the
old recording files  to a folder in the path where your 'videos' are stored
and then get MythTV to scan and add them to the videos database. You'll
need to figure out new file names well, but at least you can still keep
the recording.

What you might have also used before is the 'archive/restore from archive'
options which I've used before to restore old recordings when I didn't want
to keep the old database.

In the end, backup/restore of the database is always the best thing to do...

- David