[mythtvnz] "Recording failed" message on HDHR in MythTV

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 04:59:16 BST 2013

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 14:10:10 +1200, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 08:55:23 +1200, you wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 18:01:18 +1200, Stephen Worthington
>> <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> If you can not get to a terminal from your desktop to kill things,
> remember that you can always use Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to one in full
> screen mode, then Ctrl-Alt-F7 to get back to the desktop.  I always
> also set up ssh on my Linux boxes so I can access them from other PCs,
> such as my laptop, phone or tablet.  And I do the fix that makes
> Ctrl-Esc work again as it did in earlier versions of Mythbuntu, so
> that I can always get to the desktop menu and start other programs
> even with full screen programs like mythfrontend running.
>
> Here is the fix for Ctrl-Esc:
>
>   http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1745368

Thanks Stephen that may come in useful in the future.

As it happens this crash prompted me to install 64 bit Mythbuntu 12.04
I have the HDHR tuners operating now as well as the HVR-2200 tuners.
I will start a new thread to address that 2 remaining difficulties I am
experiencing

Paul