[mythtvnz] "Recording failed" message on HDHR in MythTV

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 21:55:23 BST 2013

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 18:01:18 +1200, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 15:37:23 +1200, you wrote:
>

>> I got the HDHR networked to the mythbox.Can view channels from all 3
>> transports on both tuners,using the HDHR config GUI view option.
>> I have added both tuners in Mythbackend and the tuners appear in the
>> tuner
>> section of the info screen.
>> If I schedule 3 concurrent programmes (I also have a dual DVB-T pci
>> card)
>> the one that the HDHR is supposed to record fails.
>>
>> I guess I have missed something but can't seem to find out what.
>>
>> Is there a way to force a particular tuner to record a scheduled
>> programme
>> so I can check see what is happening?
>>
>> Paul
>
> Yes, you can specify the tuner for any recording.  Edit the recording
> rule, go to Schedule Options, and change the "Use any available tuner"
> setting to whichever tuner you want.  I hope you have named your
> tuners in MythTV Setup so that you can tell which is which.  Each
> tuner will have multiple entries for each of the multirec virtual
> tuners - they each have the same name as the tuner and you have to
> count them to decide which virtual tuner to assign.
>
> However, it is easier to just use "Watch TV".  From there, after it
> tunes in and starts playing, use the M (menu) key or the equivalent on
> your remote, select Source, Change Tuner, and then the tuner you want
> to test.

The front end crashed when I switched to one of the HDHR tuners in Live TV.
Now ,upon rebooting,the system boots normally up until the frontend tries
to start,then I get
a location select screen,saving this,the frontend tries to restart and it
goes back to the location screen in an endless loop.
I really can't seem to stop this long enough to try and kill the FE
restarts.I can start BE setup but the FE restarts keep going.
I'm preparing to install 12.04.

Paul