[mythtvnz] TeVii S421

Austin austin.green at orcon.net.nz
Sat Apr 13 21:35:43 BST 2013

On Sunday 14 April 2013 Stephen Worthington wrote:
> However, "Device or resource busy" is a message I have seen before -
> when I had my TeVii S470 configured as a tuner in the MythTV setup,
> but had the configuration there wrong. ...

Yes, I realised after posting last night what was happening - MythTV backend
was still running, and the config from my now-defunct HVR2200 is still there
and using the same device names, so it would have grabbed them and made them
busy. After killing it off, the dvbtune script now gives this:

dvbtune -f 1706000 -s 22500 -p h -c 0 -tone 0 -m
Using DVB card "M88RS2000 DVB-S"
tuning DVB-S to L-Band:2, Pol:H Srate=22500000, 22kHz=off
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS:
polling....
polling....

Thanks for the SQL, it may yet come in handy. I need to sort out my cabling
and get a signal into the cards, but it's all looking very promising so far.

> The above settings presumes that you are using a recent Sky dish with
> a 10.075 GHz LNB.  See here for working out what your dish is:
>   http://www.legiontv.co.nz/archives/122

Cheers, I'll take a look; my Sky dish is quite ancient (10 years+) but worked
OK on the old Hauppauge card for a couple of years, until the card decided to
die - and took my motherboard with it.     :(

Regards,
Austin.