[mythtvnz] TeVii S421

Austin austin.green at orcon.net.nz
Sat Apr 13 10:55:45 BST 2013

Thanks Neil and Stephen for your helpful hints.

On Friday 12 April 2013 Neil Henwood wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 03:46:03PM +1200, Austin wrote:
> > Still no joy with my TeVii S421 DVB-S card. Anybody at all out there
> > got one running?
>
> What comes up in dmesg or lsusb, or /dev/dvb ?

dmesg: see http://pastebin.com/RbHSkE9r

$ lsusb
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 9022:d421 TeVii Technology Ltd.
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 9022:d421 TeVii Technology Ltd.

# ll /dev/dvb
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 120 Apr 13 19:26 adapter0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 120 Apr 13 19:26 adapter1
# ll /dev/dvb/adapter0
total 0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 0 Apr 13 19:26 demux0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 1 Apr 13 19:26 dvr0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 3 Apr 13 19:26 frontend0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 2 Apr 13 19:26 net0
#

On Friday 12 April 2013 Stephen Worthington wrote:
> TeVii cards are likely to be supported directly in current kernels.

It turned out that the S421 isn't supported in the 3.2 kernel, but after
compiling the Liplianin drivers and installing to 3.2, it all came good.

> You should test first with dvbtune.  Here is a little test file to
> help you get all the parameters right (test-dvb.sh):

Thanks for the script. Here's the result of running it:

dvbtune -f 1706000 -s 22500 -p h -c 0 -tone 0 -m
frontend: 12FRONTEND DEVICE: : Device or resource busy

I actually have two S421 cards; adaptor 1 gave the same results.

> If that does not work, you will need to post a copy of the kern.log
> file section for the latest boot so we can have a look at it.  You
> could put it on pastebin.com.

See dmesg output as above.

In case it's relevant, I have as yet no input feed on the cards, but would
expect a different error than that - something along the lines of "could not
find a signal". But maybe I'm wrong...

Cheers,
Austin.