[mythtvnz] Media works changes

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 20:55:00 BST 2012

On 20/09/12 21:12, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On 20/09/12 15:28, Tony Sauri wrote:
>> I am ever hopeful that with the data being propagated to the XML EPG
>> listings we may see better program synopsis and meta data populating
>> from TVDB autoatically.
>
> I've looked at it in the past but it's not particularly simple to do
> automatically.
>
> It's fine if you know the exact program you're looking for in thetvdb
> but if you don't, and you're trying to search by name, it's a bit tricky.
>
> e.g. How do you know whether you're matching Smash the show from 2012 or
> Smash the Swedish show from 1990 - all without intervention by a human?
>
> hads

I had just become aware of that problem ...  The series catalogued on
TheTVDB  as "The X Factor (US)"  is advertised by MediaWorks as "The X
Factor USA".

However this thread on mythtv-users:

suggests that is you manually lookup a title from the recording schedule
screen and make the correct association then Myth will remember the
series id in the recording rule and populate metadata automatically
thereafter.

At least 1 step closer.

However I have not yet had the chance to test this yet.

Tony