[mythtvnz] Broken communication from front end

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 08:12:53 BST 2012

My frontend is no longer talking to my back end.  It starts up in setup
mode asking for country and language

The only change I made was I issued the SQL ommand 'grant all on
mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%" identified by "mythtv";'  as user
root on the backend.

The front end can ping the back end so it is not a broken network.

How do I recover?

Exploring the set up on the back end I see that I have automatic backups
for SQL database configured. Will that be useful?

I was trying to get my Raspberry PI XBMC front end going.  I was going
to make the subject line "I am an idiot" but I thought that would be too
obscure.  Accurate though!

cheers
Worik

--
it does not matter                      I think that I shall never see
how much I dig and dig                    A billboard lovely as a tree