[mythtvnz] Version 0.25

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Tue Sep 18 05:25:54 BST 2012

On 18/09/12 14:53, Worik Stanton wrote:
> Friends
>
> I have been reading about a lot of troubles people are having with V0.25
>
> Has the upgrade from V0.24 gone well for anybody?
>
> What are the advantages of V0.25 over V0.24?
>
> Is it wise to wait for a later version?
>
> cheers
> Worik

I only upgraded from 0.23 to 0.25 because of the Prime audio buffer
problem. I would still be on 0.23 otherwise. I only record DVB-T so I
see very little benefit in 0.25 and more annoyance than 0.23. Current
annoyances:

- Audio/video sync not reliable on TV3. Sometimes need to pause/unpause
to get sync.
- Hits to playback when shows end/start recording. Playback pauses and
resumes. 0.23 never did this. MySQL hogging resources?
- Hit to playback when I call up the menu.

Nothing fatal but several annoyances I never had before on 0.23.

Honestly can't say what advantages (for what I do) 0.25 has over even
0.23 let alone 0.24.