[mythtvnz] NVIDIA 3.04.x Driver

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Sep 7 04:54:40 BST 2012

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 15:48:41 +1200, you wrote:

>I just made the mistake of of doing a yum update on my Fedora 17
>frontend.  One of the updates was to the nvidia driver (295.59 to
>304.37).
>
>I have always just followed the instructions for the "Basic Scenario"
>at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:JudderFree by putting
>
>         Option      "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
>
>in my xorg.conf in the past, but NVIDIA have kindly removed this
>option and now I get judder in the playback for bluray rips as the TV
>gets set to 1920x1080 at 60Hz instead of 24Hz.
>
>Can anyone point me in the right direction on what options I should be
>using instead?  I have been looking at the whole metamodes viewport
>thing and I don't get it.
>
>Thanks
>
>Mike

I am using the 304.43 Nvidia drivers on my Mythbuntu 12.04 setup, and
I just checked and I have the same problem.  But the documentation
still lists the "Scaling" option, and it is a pretty important
feature, so I am hoping that this is just a bug and will eventually be
fixed.  But maybe we should be filing a bug report with Nvidia.