[mythtvnz] NVIDIA 3.04.x Driver

Mike Brady mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Thu Sep 6 04:48:41 BST 2012

I just made the mistake of of doing a yum update on my Fedora 17
frontend.  One of the updates was to the nvidia driver (295.59 to
304.37).

I have always just followed the instructions for the "Basic Scenario"
at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:JudderFree by putting

         Option      "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"

in my xorg.conf in the past, but NVIDIA have kindly removed this
option and now I get judder in the playback for bluray rips as the TV
gets set to 1920x1080 at 60Hz instead of 24Hz.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what options I should be
using instead?  I have been looking at the whole metamodes viewport
thing and I don't get it.

Thanks

Mike