[mythtvnz] xmltvid and four

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 03:20:20 BST 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 25/10/12 14:14, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> > You may need to overwrite existing bad data in your EPG database.  You
> > can try manually loading the data without the update option.  I have
> > not done this in 0.25 yet, but I think if you run this from a mythtv
> > group login it should work:
> >
> >   mythfilldatabase --xmlfile freeview.xml --sourceid <your_source_id>
> >
> > There is no manpage for mythfilldatabase, but mythfilldatabase --help
> > works.  Note the lack of a --update option, so it will overwrite
>

> My "mythfilldatabase --help" has no --xmlfile option.
>
> I assume this:
>
> --file <sourceid> <xmlfile>
>    Bypass the grabbers and read data directly from a file
>    <sourceid> = number of the video source to use with this file
>    <xmlfile>  = file to read
>
> is the option.
>
> So I assume "mythfilldatabase --file 3 freeview.xml is what to run so I
> ran it.  Now I have data in the program finder but not the program guide.

I'm afraid Stephen may have put you wrong. Running mythfilldatabase without
--update causes it to reconfigure channels. If the channels are not
correctly described in the xml file then this will screw up your channel
table. It sounds like this is what has happened.

If your channels are correct you should always run:
mythfilldatabase --update --file 3 freeview.xml

To force mythfilldatabase to update bad guide data you want:
mythfilldatabase --update --refresh-today --refresh-all --file 3
freeview.xml

Note that your sourceid might be different now if you've followed Nick's
recommendation to start from scratch.

Cheers,