[mythtvnz] xmltvid and four

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 02:18:36 BST 2012

> On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 10:17:42 +1300, you wrote:
>

> Leave the input groups at their default values.  They are for things
> like my HVR-900 tuner which has an analogue and a DVB-T tuner in the
> same device, but only one of them can be used at the same time.  The
> analogue and digital tuners show up as two separate devices and need
> to be grouped.  Your two DVB-T tuners are separate and can be used at
> the same time - grouping them just made you unable to use both at
> once.  Hence the conflicts.

That is very useful..I thought it meant something different.  I see I
have, in "Input Connections"->"interactions between inputs" (second
page) Input Group 1 and Input Group 2.  I would set them all to Generic,
but I cannot.  It insists on "Input Group 1" and "Input Group 2" having
different values.  So I set both "Input Group 1"s to the
adapter0/frontend0 and  both "Input Group 2"s to Generic

> Also, every time you scan for channels, it is likely that you are
> creating more problems in the database.  That should only be done
> once.  There is an option somewhere to "re-scan an existing transport"

That is disturbing!  If I can screw up my settings by doing ordinary
things...  Thanks for the warning.  Looking in the Channel Editor I see
I have two copies of each channel.

So I "Delete All" in the channel editor then a channel scan from the
channel editor.

[snip]

> The channel editor in mythtv-setup lets you edit individual channels,
> or mythweb can edit some of the channel settings and is easier to use,
> especially for bulk updates.
>
> It is not the use of SQL commands that is screwing up your setup - it
> is likely that rescanning the channels is what is doing it.

Hmm...

Having done all that I have no listings again.

So I following Nick's advice...

> I suggest (and have previously suggested) you delete all sources and
> tuners and start again.
>
> You need ONE source and TWO tuners. BOTH tuners need to be connected
> to the SAME source.

Still no listing data.

Damn!  It was going!

it does not matter                      I think that I shall never see
how much I dig and dig                    A billboard lovely as a tree
this hole just                      Indeed, unless the billboards fall
keeps getting deeper                      I'll never see a tree at all