[mythtvnz] xmltvid and four

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Oct 26 01:40:44 BST 2012

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 10:17:42 +1300, you wrote:

>On 25/10/12 14:14, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> You may need to overwrite existing bad data in your EPG database.  You
>> can try manually loading the data without the update option.  I have
>> not done this in 0.25 yet, but I think if you run this from a mythtv
>> group login it should work:
>>
>>   mythfilldatabase --xmlfile freeview.xml --sourceid <your_source_id>
>>
>> There is no manpage for mythfilldatabase, but mythfilldatabase --help
>> works.  Note the lack of a --update option, so it will overwrite
>

>My "mythfilldatabase --help" has no --xmlfile option.
>
>I assume this:
>
>--file <sourceid> <xmlfile>
>   Bypass the grabbers and read data directly from a file
>   <sourceid> = number of the video source to use with this file
>   <xmlfile>  = file to read
>
>is the option.
>
>So I assume "mythfilldatabase --file 3 freeview.xml is what to run so I
>ran it.  Now I have data in the program finder but not the program guide.
>
>I restored the database from back up, re ran setup, removed all but one
>of my sources, unchecked the "Perform EIT scan" and rescanned for
>channels and deleted all old ones.
>
>Looking at the channel table I still have "useonairguide" set for most
>channels.
>
>I am over using SQL to modify my database(!).  How do I turn off the
>'useonairguide' without haveing to resort to SQL?  Using just the
>mythtv-setup?
>

>Also under input connections I have two entries.  One
>
>/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 points to (None)
>
>/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 points to Pinnicle
>
>I edited adapter0 to point at Pinnicle and did a channel scan.  It had
>its inputgroup 1 set to "Generic".  adapter1 points to "generic".  Since
>adapter1 points to DVB_/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 I set the input group
>1 for adapter0 to DVB_/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0.  I am not sure why.
>But http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Inputgroup_table suggests this is to tell
>mythTV that the cards are seperate devices and can be used simultaneously.
>
>But one bad effect is I am back to having conflicts reported that are
>not.  This went away when I went to one source.
>
>I have recovered from being in the disastrous position I was in with no,
>or inadequate, listings.  More or less back to square one.
>
>Worik

Leave the input groups at their default values.  They are for things
like my HVR-900 tuner which has an analogue and a DVB-T tuner in the
same device, but only one of them can be used at the same time.  The
analogue and digital tuners show up as two separate devices and need
to be grouped.  Your two DVB-T tuners are separate and can be used at
the same time - grouping them just made you unable to use both at
once.  Hence the conflicts.

Also, every time you scan for channels, it is likely that you are
creating more problems in the database.  That should only be done
once.  There is an option somewhere to "re-scan an existing transport"
or some such wording - that is what needs to be used once there are
channels in the database.  When you scan, you will need to set up the
xmltvid values on any new channels (all of them for a new full scan)
before the EPG will work.

The channel editor in mythtv-setup lets you edit individual channels,
or mythweb can edit some of the channel settings and is easier to use,
especially for bulk updates.

It is not the use of SQL commands that is screwing up your setup - it
is likely that rescanning the channels is what is doing it.