[mythtvnz] config.xml in 0.26

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Oct 25 03:51:07 BST 2012

When I read the release notes for MythTV 0.26, it said that the
/etc/mysql.txt file was no longer used and the format of
/etc/config.xml had changed to this:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/browser/mythtv/mythtv/contrib/config_files/config.xml?rev=16b232a

Today, I was looking at updating all my scripts that use mysql.txt, so
I updated a test Mythbuntu 12.04 partition on my laptop to use MythTV
0.26.  But the update did not seem to change the format of the
config.xml file at all, and the mysql.txt file was still present.  So
I was wondering what had happened to any other 0.26 users out there.
If you upgraded, did your config.xml file change format?  Have you had
any problems that might be related to the config.xml file not changing
format?  If you installed 0.26 new, did you get the new config.xml
format?