[mythtvnz] Channel id to name tables: Where are they?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Oct 23 09:04:30 BST 2012

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 17:43:15 +1300, you wrote:

>On 23/10/12 15:19, Steve Hodge wrote:
>> First, back up your database:
>> stop mythtv-backend
>> /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_backup.pl
>> start mythtv-backend
>>
>> Then start mythtv-setup, go into "3 Video sources" and delete the second
>> one (highlight it in the list and press 'd'). I expect the second one is
>> serviceid 3, and I think it will delete the associated channels, but we
>
>Ok I got it.  I adjusted my input sources so they both point at the
>pinicle source.
>
>Still no xmltvid data...

OK, you kept the source for the 3xxx channels.  I hope the recording
rules for the 1xxx channels will not have been deleted along with that
source.  If not, you will need to do a fixup on the recording rules
which are based on 1xxx channel numbers:

  update record set chanid=chanid+2000 where chanid >= 1000 and chanid
< 2000;

If you had any custom recording rules with SQL in them, you need to
check them too to see if there is anything to update.

I am fairly sure that you can just use the same sort of fix on any
other database tables that are affected - see the list output by my
script for anything with a non-zero number in the 1000-1999 line.  If
you do not fix them, your recordings done with the old channels should
play back fine, but you will find that instead of a channel name
displayed on screen, you will get #1001 for example for TV One
recordings.  If you do do the fixups, you will probably need to do it
to all the related tables, otherwise the recordings may have problems
finding their related data.

Once you have added the xmltvid data (see Steve's post), there is also
a problem when EIT now/next data is mixed with EPG data from
mythfilldatabase.  It is best to turn off collection of EIT now/next
data - I think the easiest way is to use mythtv-setup and on each of
the cards, deselect the option that says something like "Use this card
for EIT collection".  And IIRC, on each channel, the useonairguide
field should be set to 0.