[mythtvnz] Channel id to name tables: Where are they?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 03:19:58 BST 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 23/10/12 02:56, Steve Hodge wrote:
> > Before you do any of the stuff that Stephen has suggested you should
> post a
> > dump of your channel table that includes the sourceid and useronairguide
> > columns:
> > select chanid, channum, freqid, sourceid, callsign, name, xmltvid,
> visible,
> > useonairguide, mplexid, serviceid from channel;
>
> Okidoki.
>
> Here it is.

Yup, as I suspected you've two sources set up. You don't need them both so
you should clean that up first:

First, back up your database:
stop mythtv-backend
/usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_backup.pl
start mythtv-backend

Then start mythtv-setup, go into "3 Video sources" and delete the second
one (highlight it in the list and press 'd'). I expect the second one is
serviceid 3, and I think it will delete the associated channels, but we
better check before proceeding. So run the sql again:
select chanid, channum, freqid, sourceid, callsign, name, xmltvid, visible,
useonairguide, mplexid, serviceid from channel;

Cheers,