[mythtvnz] Channel id to name tables: Where are they?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 08:25:37 BST 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 22/10/12 18:23, Steve Hodge wrote:
>
> > You are running DVB-T, right? We need the serviceid. How are you
> populating
> > guide data? Give us the output of this query:
>
> Yes and DVB-T.  I am downloading NZ data via a python script.  Slips my
> mind exactly how.  I am using the back end as I write otherwise I'd run
> mythtv-setup.  But I learnt how here.
>
> But that said I made an observation when Get Smart recorded on the wrong
> channel.  I was watching at the time and I went to the "Program Guide"
> and there was no data there.  Normally I see an hour or two ahead.

That sounds like EIT "now and next" data.

chanid,callsign,mplexid,xmltvid,serviceid
1050,TV2,NULL,tv2.freeviewnz.tv,0
1002,TV2,5,,1201
3002,TV2,8,,1201

The first TV2 row is the only one with a xmltvid so it's the only one being
populated with downloaded guide data. But it doesn't seem to have any
tuning information (neither freqid or serviceid are populated) so it can't
be recorded.

The other two TV2 rows have tuning data for DVB. My guess is that they are
getting "now and next" data from the EIT columns. So when that's working
everything records ok. But when the EIT data is missing then Myth tries to
record from the broken channel and fails.

> select chanid, channum, freqid, sourceid, callsign, name, xmltvid,
> visible,
> > useonairguide, mplexid, serviceid from channel;
>
> Attached.

You missed sourceid and useonairguidedata. Can you include those so I can
confirm that you are getting EIT data?

This looks like the exact same problem you had back in June. But back then
these channels with the xmltvid had different chanids. It looks like you
probably deleted them back then and something (probably your guide data
downloader) has repopulated them. You should assign an xmltvid to all the
DVB channels and then delete these extra channels. Give us the output of
the above query and I'll put together an sql script to sort it out.

> If you need more info, search the archives. I've gone into detail on the
> > chanid/channum/callsign stuff before.
>
> Any clues?  The archive is big.

Try searching for my email and "channum" or "callsign". But the email I was
thinking of with from 7 Mar 2007. It doesn't actually have much more info,
just this:

If the callsign and channel numbers of two channels are identical then the
channel will only appear once in the guide (and MythWeb). If the callsigns
are identical but the channums are not then the channel will appear twice
in the guide but the scheduler will treat them as the same provided they
have the same listings data. This allows people who have two channels that
are mostly the same, but have some differences, to use them interchangably
when a program appears on both versions without screwing up when the
channels differ (this doesn't happen in NZ at the moment). Unfortunately it
means that it is important that EPG listings for copies of a single channel
are identical otherwise the scheduler won't be able to use them
interchangably. That's why I keep telling people to use the same listings
data for FreeView channels and for Sky/terrestrial channels - there are
differences in the data between what Sky send and what FreeView send and
those differences can cause problems if you're using Sky data for one
version of a channel and FreeView data for another.

Here is some data:

> I know Get Smart failed.  So I look for it in the program table with the
> matching row from channel.
>
> mysql> select p.chanid, c.name, c.serviceid, title from program p,
> channel c where  title like "%Smart%" and p.chanid=c.chanid;
> | chanid | name | serviceid | title     |
> |   1050 | TV 2 |         0 | Get Smart |
> 1 row in set (0.11 sec)
>
> From what you have been saying a serviceid of 0 is not good for DVB?

Right. You can't record that channel and that program is not in the guide
data for the channels you can record.

Cheers,