[mythtvnz] Hauppauge HD PVR setup problems

tim Lockyer drtimlockyer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 00:33:30 BST 2012

I purchased a Hauppauge HD PVR so that I could use the SKY component
output. I am having trouble with the luminance. I have followed the
instructions here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR installed
ivtv-utils and then run from the terminal:

 sudo /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --verbose -d /dev/video1 --set-ctrl brightness=0x80
--set-ctrl contrast=0x40 --set-ctrl hue=0xf --set-ctrl saturation=0x40
--set-ctrl sharpness=0x80

 The output:

 VODIOC_QUERYCAP: ok

VIDIOC_S_CTRL: ok

VIDIOC_S_CTRL: ok

VIDIOC_S_CTRL: ok

VIDIOC_S_CTRL: ok

VIDIOC_S_CTRL: ok

 But when I start the front-end there is no change to the picture quality.
I have changed the brightness and contrast to either end of the accepted
range with no difference in the video quality. Entering the above command
does not seem to make any difference. I am certain it is video1. Using
Mythbuntu 12.04 with all latest updates.

 I updated to Kernel 3.4.15 and 3.5 from 3.2.0 but although all seems OK
3.4.and 3.4 does not recognise the HD PVR in the Back-end. It thinks it is
a Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus DVB-a [cx8800]! Changing back to 3.2.0 and it works
correctly except for the original problem above.

Tim

 Any suggestions?