[mythtvnz] mythtv-status needs a manual update for MythTV 0.25

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 02:32:11 BST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> I have finally moved my MythTV box to a new install of Mythbuntu 12.04
> with 0.25+fixes.  I am still working on the upgrade for my mother's
> MythTV box - I have yet to complete making her Hauppauge Nova TD-500
> remote work with the new kernel lirc drivers.  I know how to do it
> (using ir-keytables), but I am still working on adjusting all the key
> mappings.  I have the /etc/rc_keymaps/hauppauge configuration working
> (all the keys on the remote work and are mapped to standard KEY_xxxx
> definitions), but I still have to update the ~/.lirc/mythtv and
> ~/.lirc/mplayer files and put in the matching key definitions in the
> Mythfrontend setup.  Fortunately, my Hauppauge HVR-900R2 remote is
> identical and I can do all that work on my laptop Mythbuntu 12.04
> partition rather than having to work around the recording schedule on
> a live MythTV box.
>
> So far, the only thing I have found broken in the upgrade is
> mythtv-status, which I rather like using, and is also used by my
> storage balancing script:
>
>   http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/balance_storage.sh
>
> It seems that the changes to the API in 0.25 are the problem, and a
> new version has been published by the author and as a Debian package,
> but a new package has yet to be released for Ubuntu 12.04.  So this is
> the manual upgrade procedure I used (running as root in a suitable
> temporary directory):
>
>   wget
> http://www.etc.gen.nz/projects/mythtv/tarballs/mythtv-status-0.10.1.tar.gz
>   tar xvf mythtv-status-0.10.1.tar.gz
>   cd mythtv-status-0.10.1/bin
>   cp -a mythtv-status /usr/bin
>
> I then found that there was a dependency on one more Perl package I
> did not have installed:
>
>   apt-get install libsys-sigaction-perl
>
> Depending on your particular setup, it is possible that there may be
> other missing Perl dependencies.
>
> Once the new package comes along, I believe it will install itself
> over these changes without any problems, and the package should add
> the dependency rule for libsys-sigaction-perl.

Yes I see the latest for 12.04 is mythtv-status-0.9.3. I assume your
error before updating was

nick at media:~$ mythtv-status
Sorry, failed to fetch http://localhost:6544/xml:
404 Not Found

I will email Thomas Mashos who manages the mythbuntu stuff and see if
I can get him to put an updated mythtv-status in the mythbuntu repos,
or something like that!