[mythtvnz] What settings control programme expiry?

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 20:49:34 GMT 2012

On 19/11/12 06:56, Paulgir wrote:

>> Programmes will normally not expire at all until you run out of disk
>> space (except for LiveTV). So you probably need to add another drive.
>> Check Information Centre->System Status->Machine Status to see how
>> much free disk space you have left.

I was afraid of that.  At least with the exchange rate as it is drives
are cheap(ish)!

>> The expire settings are in Mythfrontend Setup->Video->General->General

 >> (Auto-expire)[page 2].

There is no such setting in mythtv-setu.  No top level called setup or
video.  Page 2 of General is not related.

> Alternatively, you can do what I do and delete recordings manually after
> you view them which stops the drive filling up and auto expiry won't occur.

Yes. I started doing that.

cheers
Worik

> In "watch recordings" using the "M" key to access menu change the filter
> to "deleted",then "Add to playlist" and "Delete forever" - you can
> delete the entire contents of the "deleted" view in one go.
> Recordings go into the "Deleted" view when you use the "D" key while a
> recording is selected.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul

Overcoming poverty is not a task of charity, it is an act of justice