[mythtvnz] What settings control programme expiry?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 20:46:16 GMT 2012

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am tired of programmes I record expiring before I get to watch them.
>
> How can I make them expire more slowly?  I assume I should change
> something on the backend, but where and what?

Set the recording rules for stuff you really want to watch to not expire
the recordings at all. And set for expendable stuff like the kids cartoons
to expire. Then the expendable stuff will go and the stuff you want will
stay.

The other option of course is to expand your storage, hard drives are
cheap, but of course will fill up again :)