[mythtvnz] What settings control programme expiry?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Nov 18 09:33:02 GMT 2012

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 20:29:03 +1300, you wrote:

>I am tired of programmes I record expiring before I get to watch them.
>
>How can I make them expire more slowly?  I assume I should change
>something on the backend, but where and what?
>

>cheers
>Worik

Programmes will normally not expire at all until you run out of disk
space (except for LiveTV).  So you probably need to add another drive.
Check Information Centre->System Status->Machine Status to see how
much free disk space you have left.

The expire settings are in Mythfrontend Setup->Video->General->General
(Auto-expire)[page 2].

You can set it to expire by priority, and then assign priorities to
programmes.  The priorities are the same ones that are used by the
scheduler, so if you want different scheduler priorities from expire
priorities, there is a problem.