[mythtvnz] EPG Data for 'niche' channels ?

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed May 9 22:07:42 BST 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 7:42 pm, David Moore wrote:
> On 09/05/12 18:13, Steven Ellis wrote:

>>> Nice work. Provisional testing worked for me.
>>>
>>> I generated the mapping file off a channel scan as follows
>>>
>>> cat ../dtt/dtt.conf  | cut -f 1,13 -d ":" \
>>>
>>> Then once the card was tuned I could run the EPG grabber and get all
>>> the
>>> freeview|HD channels.
>>
>> OK I still have a minor issue. The generated data doesn't include a GMT
>> offset for the times and is confusing the data load.
>>
>> For example
>>
>>          <programme channel="1407.dvb.guide" start="20120512203000"
>> stop="20120512213000">
>>                  <title>32 Brinkburn Street</title>
>>                  <desc>32 Brinkburn Street has been home to the Ogilvie
>> family for generations. Loved by most of its occupants,
>> the house will always be a home at the heart of the
>> family.</desc>
>>                  <episode-num system="dd_progid">TWBS01_01</episode-num>
>>                  <rating system="Freeview">
>>                          <value>PGR</value>
>>                  </rating>
>>          </programme>
>>
>> VS
>>
>> <programme channel="1035.dvb.guide" start="20120511163000 +1200"
>> stop="20120511165500 +1200">
>>          <title lang="eng">ONE News at 4.30</title>
>>          <desc></desc>
>>          <category>tvshow</category>
>>          <category>News/Current Affairs</category>
>>          <!-- Cat:2-0 -->
>>          <!-- Unknown rating:0 -->
>> </programme>
>>
>> Ideally this could be based on the timezone of the host, or could be
>> another command line option.
>>
>> Sadly the freeview MHEG data isn't based off UMT.
>>
>> Steve
>>

> UMT? Never heard of it until you mentioned it. Gives me the shudders
> after a quick read on the web. Can't really see why we need it.
>
> Anyway I guess it wouldn't be too hard to include an option to produce
> GMT/UTC times with offsets for NZ timezone.
>
> So instead of
> 20120512203000
> you would get
> 20120512083000 + 1200.
>
> Is that what you need? Actually I suppose the best thing would be
> options for local time, plain UTC and UTC with offset to specified
> timezone. Make sense?

Hi David. In your MythTV setup for the freeview source what time zone do
you set for the EPG. In my case I default to using AUTO as I import
multiple EPG feeds for different timezones, for example SBS (now sadly off
air).

When I generate listings with epgsnoop the data contains the +1200 offset
based on my local system vs the DVB data.

In the case of DTT I merge DVB and MHEG data so that my DTT and DTH
channels are being provided with identical EPG information. For the DTT
exclusive channels I just pull them from the MHEG file using tv_split and
tv_cat.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz