[mythtvnz] Deinterlacing problem on TV1 MotoGP broadcasts?

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Sun May 6 10:59:43 BST 2012

> > Bit of combing on parts of some real close up shots.
> > Just looks massively compressed. Much worse than last season..
> > The video quality from the different circuits was quite varied last
> > season.
> >

> It's much easier to see on the close up shots but if you look real close
> it's pretty much everywhere there is any motion across the frame. Classic
> interlacing problem. Gob-smacked TVNZ can't get this right. Maybe no
> commercial pressures means no incentive to get it right.

Does not look like classic de-interlacing problem to me..& it is not out
of order fields.
Could be from making interlaced video from progressive without temporal
mv correction (ffmpeg).

I don't think TVNZ does much video processing to MotoGP apart from
ads...just downloads it from internet server & that's why it is
compressed to hell.