[mythtvnz] mythtvnz Digest, Vol 57, Issue 3

Johan Schuld johanschuld at gmail.com
Sat May 5 11:36:44 BST 2012

> If those signal level % values were from the TD-500, I would say they
> were way too low.  But as far as I can tell, the numbers from each
> card are only comparable to the same exact model of card.  For the
> TD-500, if I am remembering correctly, you need > 65% signal level
> before it will record reliably.
>
> When you are getting lock on the HVR-4000 and TD-500, is that at the
> same time, or are you moving the cable between them?  If so, then
> adding the necessary splitter and its 6? db drop in the signal levels
> is going to cause problems.

The signal levens listed are all on the HVR4000. I can't get the readings
on the TD500, it does not seem to support reading out those values?

The lock on HVR40000 and TD500 is not on the exact same time. but a minute
apart max. I move the cable between them. In any of the tests I did I have
never used a splitter or anything.

Also, no matter what I do with the antenna, the signal level is always 21%,
so I think it might not be a value that can be read out on the HVR4000.