[mythtvnz] Fanless Mini-ITX (slightly OT)

Mark markk at kc.net.nz
Mon Jun 25 01:17:16 BST 2012

> Maybe not quite what your looking for but if you could get one...
> raspberry
> pi, cant beat the price and i imagine the lower power draw would be nice
> on a
> boat
>
> Jason Taylor
>

> I have one on order, but lead time is 10+ weeks. Will be interesting to
> see
> how well it performs - I do have my doubts.

I was very pleasantly surprised as mine arrived within a few weeks (about
a month ago).
I've only had a very brief chance to play with it, from what I've seen so
far if you're trying to compare it to a "normal" PC it's pretty slow
(which I expected), for example it took quite some time to move through
the XBMC menus on the build I picked.

I'm wanting to look at using it for a number of things where speed isn't
overly important, things like
 An irrigation system controller
 Toy/learning tool for my little boy - in reality by the time he's old
enough it'll probably be replaced by something else though :-) !

If it could be used as front end for myth (ie most likely XBMC) that will
be really cool.  So would connection to a (cheapish) sonar transducer so
that it could be used as a fish finder!

Mark