[mythtvnz] Looks like my system drive is faulty - ideas?

criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Sun Jun 24 08:31:38 BST 2012

On 24/06/12 17:20, David Moore wrote:
> I found a bootable cd. Boots ok and I can see two of my three drives listed in /dev. Also in bios setup. Plugged the suss drive back in and system stays up. Now I need to figure out mounting drives after a cd boot and how to scan for the suss drive.
>
> Don't think cmos is bad but could be time to get a new battery just in case.

Realistically, the CMOS only keeping the clock current.  If the OS
boots, it will detect HDD and Optical drives etc all by itself.

More important is, you can read your suspect drive.....
        BACK UP THE DATABASE!
Then backup all your other data while its still readable.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/