[mythtvnz] Choice coming to Freeview Sat

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 03:58:45 BST 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

>> I see from the FAQ on their web page http://choicetv.co.nz/faq that
>> Choice will be on Satellite from 2 July. Hopefully this means an EPG
>> will be available from tv_grab_nz-py?
>
> I thought channel 12 was 'Four'. I'm obviously well out of date so perhaps
> someone could list what channels there are on DVB-T Freeview (and even
> DVB-S), which mux they are on (so we can see see if the scan worked OK)

DVB-T
1 Tvone
2 TV2
3 TV3
4 Four
5 Maori
6 U
7 TVNZ7 (for now0
8 TV3+1
9 c4
10 Prime
11 Trackside
12 Choice
22 Parliament
23 Cue
24 Te Reo
50 National Radio
51 Concert Radio
70 GeorgeFM
71 BaseFM

There are also NI regional programmes and some chinese or religious
stuff i wouldn't have bothered with.

But check the brochure:
http://freeviewnz.tv/media/23114/freeview_brochure_april_2012.pdf

> and whether there is EPG data from one of:
>  * Freeview from nzepg.org

All of my channels have epg from nzepg.org via tv_grab_nz-py except
Choice, which isn't on DVB-S yet, and I believe the nzepg.org data is
sourced from EIT on DVB-S, probably via epgsnoop.

>  * epgsnoop on a Freeview DVB-S mux,

See above

>  * epgsnoop on a Sky DVB-S mux,
>  * EIT
>  * MHEG munging.

I bleieve you wil get them all, including Choice from mheg.