[mythtvnz] Choice coming to Freeview Sat

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 03:49:13 BST 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:15:52 +1200, you wrote:
>
>>I see from the FAQ on their web page http://choicetv.co.nz/faq that
>>Choice will be on Satellite from 2 July. Hopefully this means an EPG
>>will be available from tv_grab_nz-py?
>
> Even if it EPG is available via tv_grab_nz-py, it may not be as good
> as the EPG I am getting from DVB-T with mhegepgsnoop.py.  The MHEG
> data has the "programid" data with series and episode numbers in it.
> ChoiceTV plays all its programs at least three times in different
> timeslots, like some of the Sky channels, and having the "programid"
> data allows MythTV to tell which is a repeat airing and which is a new
> one.  That is really useful, but I have not ever seen "programid" data
> in EIT derived EPG.

My hdhomerun is presently my only tuner and does not seem to like
mhegepgsnoop.py, even with the dvbhdhomerun driver installed
(http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/dvbhdhomerun/)

I have another dvb-t device that I would like to try but the antenna
is nowhere near a computer and I'd need to pull a wire to get it near
the backend, or find a small box to run it in.

Does anyone know if usb dvb cards run on arm kernels? (broad question
I know). I have a plug computer doing nothing.