[mythtvnz] Choice coming to Freeview Sat

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Jun 20 03:15:16 BST 2012

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:15:52 +1200, you wrote:

>I see from the FAQ on their web page http://choicetv.co.nz/faq that
>Choice will be on Satellite from 2 July. Hopefully this means an EPG
>will be available from tv_grab_nz-py?

Even if it EPG is available via tv_grab_nz-py, it may not be as good
as the EPG I am getting from DVB-T with mhegepgsnoop.py.  The MHEG
data has the "programid" data with series and episode numbers in it.
ChoiceTV plays all its programs at least three times in different
timeslots, like some of the Sky channels, and having the "programid"
data allows MythTV to tell which is a repeat airing and which is a new
one.  That is really useful, but I have not ever seen "programid" data
in EIT derived EPG.